When you join MODNA, you also become part of the American Nurses Association (ANA) and the Ohio Nurses Association (ONA). ONA is made up of district nurses associations that provide a close-to-home opportunity to make your membership in your professional association meaningful.
Membership dues may be paid monthly or annually, and reduced rates are available for new RN graduates. The Ohio Nurses Association manages membership dues for MODNA. You can see dues rates, payment plans and more at ONA’s website.
Registered Nurses who live and work in Central Ohio are eligible for membership.
Benefits of Membership in the Mid-Ohio District Nurses Association
In addition to the benefits of membership in ANA and ONA, MODNA members receive:
- Over 12 hours of FREE continuing nursing education contact hours every year through MODNA program meetings and independent studies.
- 12 issues per year of the MODNA electronic periodical “Professionally Speaking“
- The opportunity to be eligible for the “Expert in Nursing Care” award which goes to an RN who is an unsung hero and whose practice exemplifies outstanding nursing care.
- Opportunity to be a member of MODNA committees:
- Board of Directors (elected)
- Continuing Education Planning
- Nursing Transitions Institute
- Nominations (elected)
- Scholarship & Awards (ad-hoc)
- Opportunity to network with others at MODNA sponsored activities.
- Opportunity to receive MODNA Scholarship funds towards advanced nursing degree.
- Representation through nurse liaisons with Ohio legislators on health related issues.
* ad-hoc committees meet as needed
** You will be redirected to the Ohio Nurses Association website.